Test your vision at home – Download, Print & Test. With this free downloadable eye test chart, you can test your vision at home. Our world is so beautiful, the mountains surrounded by greeneries, flowing river water gives a great pleasure to us. The beauty of the things around us fills the colour of joy and happiness in our life. All these beauty of life could be observed through eyes. Would you have ever thought that how the world will look without eyes. To observe this practically, just cover your eyes for two minutes, you will feel darkness throughout the world and the beauty of world will be useless for you. Avoid Blindness, Test your vision at home – Download, Print & Test, very simple. Please follow the instruction to test your vision at home.
Test your vision at home – Download, Print & Test
- You can use this chart to test your vision.
- Take a print out of this chart on regular 8 1/2 x 11-inch paper and tape or pin the chart on the bare wall, level with your eyes.
- Measure 3 meter or 10 feet distance from the wall.
- If you use eyeglasses for distance vision, the glasses should be worn during the test.
- Cover your left eye and see the chart by right eye.
- Have another person point to each line as you read the letters out loud, remember or write to track of which letters you are not able to see.
- Continue to the last row or until you are not able to see.
- Write down the number of the smallest line where you identified the majority of letters correctly (Ex./ If you were able to read 5 out of 8 letters on line 8, you would write 20/20.)
- Repeat the steps 5 to 8 with your left eye, this time close your right eye.
The results depends on the age of the person being tested. A 3 to 4-year-old should be able to read the 20/40 line, and a 5-year-old the 20/30 line. Older children and adults should be able to read the majority of letters on the 20/20 line.
If you notice any results that fall outside these standards, immediately contact to your eye specialist.
Remember: This is not a substitute for a complete medical eye exam by a licensed optometrist. But it could help you identify potential vision problems that demand professional attention.