Dr. Maskati’s articles published in iCare Info are taken from his book “Simplifying Eye Care”.
The book is available for you at the price of Rs. 100 and for every purchase Rs 50 will be donated to Antardrishti by Dr Maskati.
for enquiry please contact – [email protected] | [email protected]
ABRIDGED BIO DATA OF DR. QURESH B. MASKATI | 2013
- Did his graduation & post graduation from KEM Hospital, Bombay University, obtaining his M.S. & D.O.M.S & F.C.P.S. Degrees, all in 1983, with a gold medal in DOMS.
- Has been conferred the prestigious Honorary FAICO award by the All India Ophthalmological Society for his life-time work in the field of corneal surgery, the first time the FAICO award has been conferred to a corneal surgeon.
- Superspecialised in diseases of the cornea and anterior segment microsurgery from Rochester and Boston, USA.
- Has over 2 dozen scientific publications to his name in national and international journals.
- He is co-author of chapters on “Ophthalmology” in over a dozen books.
- Has devised and conducted an “Ophthalmic Quiz” at the National Conference every year, for 15 years.
- Was the president of Maharashtra Ophthalmological Society (94-95) and Bombay Ophthalmologists’ Association (2000-01) He is the youngest person in the history of these societies to hold these posts.
- President, All India Ophthalmological Society, a body comprising over 15,000 eye surgeons, 2014-15
- Has been a guest speaker and visiting faculty at several international and national conferences.
- He is the only ophthalmologist in Asia having extensive experience of the Pintucci Keratoprosthesis, having done over 75 cases since 1997.He also demonstrated this surgery live at Manila, Colombo, Dhaka, Kuala Lumpur, Lahore and Karachi, besides various cities in India. He was awarded a gold medal for his pioneering work at the Silver Jubilee Conference of the Indian Implant and Refractive Society in July 2007
- He is the only ophthalmologist in the world with experience of performing both the Dohlman (Boston) Keratoprosthesis and the Pintucci Keratoprosthesis.
- He was ophthalmic advisor to “Sight Savers International” (formerly Royal commonwealth Society for the Blind) for the whole of India, for 6 years, till 2004
- Has been participating and has conducted numerous cataract and squint surgical camps all over Maharashtra, Gujarat, Rajasthan and Madhya Pradesh, since 1980.
- Has been performing refractive surgery since 1998, PRK, PTK, LASIK and now Wave-Front Guided LASIK.